LIVE in THE SPOTLIGHT
- How to practice: exploring strategies and tactics in an aging body through book reviews, interviews, personal anecdotes, with the goal of staying happy, healthy and focused.
- Attitude: what it is a good attitude, how does helps us to learn and persevere, which daily tactics help us to acquire or keep a good one, what to do if yours needs a tune up?
- Metacognition: what it is, what it can teach us about learning, resources for study, conferences, and in practice.
- Intrinsic motivation: what it is, how it helps us to learn and persevere as we age, how to help those we mentor with theirs.
Great quotes from the Guardian today: Full interivew here
After 15 years of retirement and a divorce she re-launched at 65. Her advice?
1. Stay fit early in life.
2. Get a facelift, "“They bought me an extra 10 years.”
3. Dating. “I love men, I’m not done with men, but I’m done with marriage and dating.”
4. Stay young by taking a leap of faith into new projects. "You don’t always land in the right place, but you sure do learn things. It’s good for the heart.”
An inspiring interview about aging well, staying in the game, and to hell with what people think.
David Story: Professional pianist, drummer, composer, and educator. Well into his 4th enthusiastic musical decade, David works with adults pursuing musical dreams in the autumn of life, while he maintains an active presence in the Toronto arts scene.