LIVE in THE SPOTLIGHT
- How to practice: exploring strategies and tactics in an aging body through book reviews, interviews, personal anecdotes, with the goal of staying happy, healthy and focused.
- Attitude: what it is a good attitude, how does helps us to learn and persevere, which daily tactics help us to acquire or keep a good one, what to do if yours needs a tune up?
- Metacognition: what it is, what it can teach us about learning, resources for study, conferences, and in practice.
- Intrinsic motivation: what it is, how it helps us to learn and persevere as we age, how to help those we mentor with theirs.
1. Make a list of your responsibilities and obligations.
2. Log how you spend your time for a week. Jot down everything. Dog walking, sleeping, commuting, Netflix, Internet, etc.
3. Ask yourself, “if I stopped doing this would anyone notice?” Or, “is this my responsibility in the first place?”
4. Create your stop doing list.
5. Execute the list.
Voila, you just gained some time.
What could you do with it?
3. Make love to your spouse
5. Play music with your friends
These activities will help your playing.
David Story: Professional pianist, drummer, composer, and educator. Well into his 4th enthusiastic musical decade, David works with adults pursuing musical dreams in the autumn of life, while he maintains an active presence in the Toronto arts scene.